Take Home Catering - Sandy Korem, The Catering Coach
Today’s restaurants need multiple revenue streams to survive. Take Home Catering is a new revenue stream you can generate from your existing restaurant. Here are some highlights from the interview.
- Start by introducing existing customers to take home catering.
- Not only food on current menu but special items to take home (different from take-out)
- Drop off catering, does not require staff to serve
- Customers like it because there is no tipping, and they save time.
- Look @ non-open times or the lag times between meal periods to prepare.
- Put your name on packaging so they see your name every time they open the fridge or freezer.
- For out of restaurant catering, you must have checklists and be prepared for the unexpected. You cannot wing it like you can in your restaurant.