Foodservice Radio spoke with Carolyn Richmond of Fox Rothschild / New York about current issues in
employment law affecting food service operators.
Here are some of the issues she addresses on-air:
The food service industry is coming under increasing scrutiny from government, plaintiff groups and
social justice groups
- Know the definition of an exempt employee and who legally qualifies (there are specific rules)
- Keep the originals of your time clock records and tip pool records (for up to 6 years)
- Make sure you have an employee handbook that includes a sexual harassment and diversity policy
- If you take the tip credit, make sure that you provide that information to the employee in writing
- Limit the amount of time card adjustments made and have the employee sign off on any changes
Visit the website, www.foxrothschild.com
Copyright 2014 Foodservice Radio
Contact Us: (847) 979-0048 or e-mail email@example.com
Restaurant Law Update
Click below to play podcast on this page, or click here to open separate player.