Dan Roehl, Senior Director of Government relations with the National Restaurant Association
discusses where the current law stands on menu labeling. Dan discusses the status of the current
regulations, what it means to operators and what to expect next. Dan talks about:
- The National Restaurant Association has been working with the government to create a single
national standard to replace the current patchwork of state and local laws that are cropping up
- The current regulations are under review and will likely be released around the end of the year.
- The law will apply to restaurants that have 20+ units selling substancially the same menu. For
operators at 19 or less units, the program is voluntary.
- The NRA is working to the goal of making it affordable for restaurants to determine the nutritional
- There are a couple of different scenarios for enforcement and these are still under review.
For ongoing updates visit the NRA website.
Copyright 2014 Foodservice Radio
Contact Us: (847) 979-0048 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Pocast player requires Abobe Flash.